1. Place parentheses ( ) around each prepositional phrase.
2. Underline verbs twice, their subjects once, and label complements ("PA," "PN," "IO," or "DO").
1. They haven't eaten since breakfast.
2. They have had nothing to eat since they had breakfast.
3. Karen was late because of her brother.
4. Roberta won the race because she practiced a lot.
5. My mother made supper after she returned from where she works.
6. My brother played baseball with us when he got home from work.
7. After they read the story, they wrote about it.
8. They took a nap after dinner.
9. They talked about Sam.
10. They talked about what they wanted to do.