1. Over each personal pronoun write its person, number, and case. If there is an antecedent for a pronoun in the sentence, draw an arrow from the pronoun to it.
2. Over each verb, write its tense (Present, Past, Future).
1. They will not find the way home again.
2. Their father had not had one happy hour since he had left the children
in the forest.
3. "How can we feed our children, when we have no more than we can eat
4. "We will give them each a little piece of bread."
5. When Hansel and Grethel came near the witch's house she laughed wickedly.
6. "Hansel, what are you looking at, and why do you lag behind?"
7. "No, wife," replied he, "that I can never do."
8. Hansel got up and put on his coat.
9. "There swims a white duck, I will ask her to help us over the water."
10. "Now, you children, lie down near the fire, and rest yourselves."
11. They knocked at the door, and the wife opened it.
12. "I am looking at my little dove," answered Hansel, "nodding a good-bye