1. In the summer they could reach each other with one bound, but in the winter
they had to go down all the stairs in one house and up all the stairs in the other,
and outside there were snowdrifts.
2. She is biggest of them all, and she never remains on
3. Many a winter's night she flies through the streets and peeps in at the windows,
and then the ice freezes on the panes into wonderful patterns
4. Still she was alive, her eyes shone like two bright stars, but there was no rest
or peace in them.
5. The next day was bright and frosty, and then came the thaw – and after that