1. Her face was pale, but there was a smile on her lips, and her eyes
were full of happy tears.
2. The sun shone, the birds sang, and happy talk and laughter rang
merrily through the wood.
3. I do wish Master Robin would come, or the roast venison will be
too much cooked and the rabbits will be stewed to rags.
4. Write your letter, address it to the Sheriff, and I will stick it on to
the end of an arrow, and shoot it into the
5. The great, solemn trees waved gently overhead in the summer
breeze, the setting sun sent shafts of golden light into the cool, blue
shadows, birds sang their evening songs, deer rustled softly through
the underwood, and bright-eyed squirrels leaped noiselessly from
branch to branch.