Special Directions: Combine the sentences in each set with a comma plus either "and" or "but." Be prepared to explain why you chose "and" or "but."
1. Robin was not a coward. He was not afraid.
2. He had one son also named Robert. People
called him Robin.
3. Birds sang and twittered in the branches.
All the world was full of beauty.
4. There was a fierce and terrible fight. In
the end Robert and all his men were killed.
5. She was very sad and lonely now. All the
world seemed dark and dreary.
6. The King laughed and said nothing. The next
day he and his twelve nobles disguised themselves as monks, and rode out
into the forest.