Directions: Each of the five sentences below includes compound
finite verbs. Rewrite the sentences such that each finite verb is in its
1. Robin and Marian lived together for a long, long time, and were very, very happy.
2. After dinner he took Robin by the arm and led him aside.
3. With great difficulty he put his bugle-horn to his mouth, and
blew three faint blasts.
4. At the mention of money the Sheriff turned quite pale and clutched
hold of his bags.
5. One day he dressed himself up as a Norman knight, pulled his visor over his face, and went out into the forest in search of an adventure.