Directions: In each of the five sets of sentences below, use
compound complements to combine everything into one sentence with just
one S/V/C pattern
1. He cracked my crown. And then he tumbled me into the river.
2. Robin put his bugle horn to his mouth. And then he blew a loud,
3. Robin Hood stepped to a thicket of trees. He cut himself a good,
thick oak stick.
4. Then all the men stood round in a ring. They gave three cheers
for Little John, Robin's new man.
5. Soon he caught hold of the overhanging branches of a tree. He pulled himself out of the water.