1. This state of things lasted for a very long time.
2. But Richard stayed in England
for a long time.
3. A sad time now began for the
4. Presently he came to a river.
5. The stranger very nearly fell
in after him.
6. The men roared with laughter.
7. From that day Little John always
lived with Robin.
8. At last the bridegroom came.
9. All heads turned. The bride arrived. A sigh of admiration
passed through the crowd.
10. Write a sentence with a subject and verb. Underline your subject once and your verb twice.