1. Fix the apostrophe problem in each sentence.
2. After each sentence, rewrite the phrases with apostrophes as phrases with prepositional phrases. For example, "my brother's dog" would be "the dog of my brother."
3. Place parentheses ( ) around each prepositional phrase.
4. Underline every verb twice, its subject(s) once, and label any complements ("PA," "PN," "IO," or "DO").
1. During this conversation the grandfathers eyes had
2. The old man prepared a meal which amply satisfied Peters
3. Heidis tale was interrupted suddenly by a great thumping
on the door.
4. She is my only sisters child.
5. Miss Claras companion would have to be twelve years
6. Clara, on the contrary, enjoyed her companions society.
7. Mrs. Sesemann had noticed the childs unhappiness.
8. The old ladys heart was filled with pity.
9. The grandmamas book was carefully packed.
10. Claras rapture in her new life grew greater every day, and she could
not write enough of the grandfathers kindly care and of Heidis entertaining