1. Put parentheses ( ) around each prepositional phrase.
2. Underline subjects once, finite verbs twice, and label complements ("PN," "PA," "IO," "DO").
1. Behind the hut stood three old fir-trees with great shaggy branches.
2. This the grandfather opened.
3. Down from the heights came one goat after another, with Peter in
4. How wonderful that must be!
5. What a sweet child you are!
6. On the shelf over there is an old prayer-book with beautiful songs.
7. Then followed a tale of the appearance of the ghost.
8. There, between Miss Rottenmeier's feet, crawled a black turtle.
9. In a beautiful house in Frankfurt lived a sick child by the name
of Clara Sesemann.
10. Great was the happiness of the children at seeing each other again.
11. The shawl she put on the grandmother's knee.