1. Underline every subject once, every verb twice, and label complements ("PA," "PN," "IO," "DO").
1. The robin was very pert and lively.
2. She was making heaps of earth and paths for a garden.
3. I am Mary Lennox.
4. You are going to your uncle.
5. It actually gave Mary a queer feeling in her heart.
6. They were obsequious and servile.
7. A man gave me a ride in his cart.
8. He lives in a great, big, desolate old house in the country.
9. Basil was a little boy with impudent blue eyes and a turned-up nose.
10. But the flower-beds were bare and wintry.