Directions: In the following, assume that you are writing or speaking
to both men and women. Rewrite each of the following sentences to fix the
problem with "his" or "her."
1. Nobody cleaned his desk neatly enough.
2. Who believes his story is really good?
3. Someone dropped his paper on the sidewalk.
4. Will anyone show me his map?
5. Can anybody let me use his ruler?
6. Everybody can make up her own rules.
7. Neither Sally nor Bob understands his job.
8. Every student will read his own story to the class.
9. A person should mind his manners.
10. Neither Bill nor Sarah finished his homework.