|The Printable KISS Workbooks||The KISS Home Page|
Introductory Lessons in English Grammar For Use in Intermediate Grades
By Wm. H. Maxwell, M.A.
1. Frank’s kite flew so high that he could scarcely see
2. “Children,” said Aunt Sue, “you must be quiet at your play, or I shall send
you to bed.”
3. King Midas valued his royal crown because it was made
4. The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might;
He did his very best to make
smooth and bright.
5. The wind blew with all his strength a cold blast; but the fiercer he blew, the
tighter did the man clasp his cloak around him.
6. “What a selfish dog you are!” said the ox; “you can not eat the hay yourself,
nor will you let me eat it.”
7. The herald bade Cinderella sit down on a stool in the kitchen, and himself put
the slipper on her pretty little foot, which it fitted exactly.