KISS Grammar Exercises Based on
1. Underline every subject once and every verb twice.
2. Circle every adjective and draw an arrow from it to the word it modifies.
3. Put a box around every adverb and draw an arrow from it to the word it modifies.
1. The robin’s song reached the sick man’s darkened room.
2. June’s lovely days bring buds and flowers.
3. The brook’s clear surface reflected the moon’s silver rays.
4. The teacher’s explanation made the example clear.
5. The flowers’ fragrance completely filled the invalid’s room.
6. Were John’s clothes well made?
7. The tree’s leaves absorb the atmosphere’s poisons.
8. The boy’s flesh was pierced.
9. The graceful maple tree has shed its beautiful scarlet leaves.
10. The audience admired the lawyer’s speech.