|The Printable KISS Workbooks||The KISS Home Page|
Introductory Lessons in English Grammar For Use in Intermediate Grades
By Wm. H. Maxwell, M.A.
1. glad, gladly. He looked __________ when the teacher praised him.
2. high, highly. The river rose__________ and did great damage.
3. sad, sadly. Annie felt very __________ when her canary died.
4. bad, badly. Bessie felt __________ because she missed her lesson.
5. splendid, splendidly. The jeweler’s window looked __________.
6. safe, safely. The ship reached port __________ .
7. safe, safely. We passed __________ through the rapids.
8. sweet, sweetly. Those evening bells sound __________ and low.
9. soft, softly. I like eggs boiled __________.
10. idle, idly. The tired hands wandered __________ over the keys.