KISS Grammar Exercises Based on
Introductory Lessons in English Grammar For Use in Intermediate Grades
By Wm. H. Maxwell, M.A.
1. The dew fell into the heart of a rose and lay in a blissful dream.
2. The young travelers visited nearly all the ports of the world.
3. A dainty white village looks down upon the bright blue waters of
4. A big parrot was solemnly blinking his eyes in a window of the next house.
5. The broken clouds sailed off in crowds, across a sea of glory.
6. Some flowers grow best in the deep shades of the forest and beautify
the lonely places and hidden nooks.
7. A great yellow cat sat on the sill of our kitchen window.
8. A tiny yellow warbler built a nest in a little bush in our front yard.
9. The lovely mermaids once sat on the rocks by the ocean and braided
their curious sea-green hair.
10. My dear cousin and I played at the end of the lake.
11. A big buzzing bumble-bee flew to the top of the tulip tree.
12. Fierce winds often sweep over the desert and fill the air with thick
clouds of sand.
13. A lively young turtle suns himself on a mossy log in that pond.