|The Printable KISS Workbooks||The KISS Home Page|
Introductory Lessons in English Grammar For Use in Intermediate Grades
By Wm. H. Maxwell, M.A.
1. The snow lay in great drifts in the deep ravines and chilly winds whistled
and moaned through the naked tree tops.
2. The eyes of the young man looked far into the future and his fancy painted
everything with brilliant hues.
3. We were much disappointed on account of our failure and we requested
our guide to lead us back to camp.
4. No two watches go just alike yet each man believes
5. Elephants are big and clumsy but they can run very
6. Our barn is low and dim and swallows sweep in and out
through the doors.
7. Henry pushed his sister off the sidewalk and one of his classmates told
of the impolite act.
8. The queen of fairies rides in a pea-pod carriage and a band of fireflies light
9. John leads his little brother and they follow the policeman
across the street.
10. “I shall not freeze to death during the long walk but I may freeze my ears.”