1. Fix the following sentences, replacing small letters with capital letters where needed.
2. Place parentheses ( ) around each prepositional phrase.
3. Underline every verb twice, its subject(s) once, and label any complements ("PA," "PN," "IO," or "DO").
1. is texas larger than new york?
2. the fourth of july is independence day.
3. napoleon bonaparte was defeated at the battle of waterloo on june 18, 1815.
4. have you found the book voyages of dr. dolittle?
5. dwight d. eisenhower, the 34th president of the u. s., was born in
denison, tex., on oct. 14, 1890.
6. our class memorized "nobility," by alice cary.
7. john p. jones's prompt answer was, "i'll do it."
8. "the star-spangled banner" is our national anthem.
9. zora n. hurston's their eyes were watching god was first published
by j. b. lippincott co. in 1937.
10. red cloud, chief of the oglala and leader of all sioux and cheyenne
warriors, forced the government in 1868 to abandon the bozeman trail,
a route to montana gold fields.