1. Place parentheses ( ) around each prepositional phrase.
2. Underline verbs twice, their subjects once, and label complements ("PA," "PN," "IO," or "DO").
1. The Lord was angry, and sent a great tempest, so that the ship was tossed
and beaten by waves.
2. At last they cast Jonah into the sea, and the winds became quiet and the
waters were calm again.
3. Then God spoke to the fish, and it set Jonah safely
up on the dry land.
4. It was a long three-days' journey, but Jonah did not
5. He preached so earnestly that the people of Nineveh repented, and the
city was saved.