1. The famous admiral, Lord Nelson, was in command of the British fleet,
and he won a most glorious victory in which only four
French ships escaped.
2. Lord Nelson immediately gave orders that the British boats should be put
off to save as many as possible
of the poor sailors on the burning vessel.
3. When the boats reached her side, most of the French officers accepted
the offer of safety and sprang into them.
4. Standing upon LíOrientís deck was the little ten-year-old son of the
Captain, named Casabianca, who was the favourite of everyone on board,
and as he made no attempt to move, the British sailors shouted to him
to come with them.
5. A dead silence followed this fearful sound, and then the British boats
rowed busily about, picking up those who had leapt from the burning
vessel in time to save their lives.