1. Underline every subject once, every verb twice, and label complements ("PA," "PN," "IO," "DO").
1. At supper, she timidly asked Bridget a question.
2. It wasn't a dead man, it wasn't an animal, it wasn't
3. She had borrowed from another's fiction.
4. This last infamous suggestion fired the corsair's blood.
5. The last act was reckless and irretrievable, but it
6. The eventful day dawned without any unusual sign of
7. It was her real existence.
8. Long waves of spicy heat rolling up the mountain from the valley
brought her the smell of pine trees and bay.
9. For a moment the good men held their breath in helpless
10. She was only nine years old.
11. The entrance of Polly's mother at this moment put an end to
Polly's authority and dispersed the pirate band.