1. Underline finite verbs twice, their subjects once, and label complements (PA, PN, IO, or DO).
1. I cannot safely leave this place yet.
2. The place is national property now.
3. They told me a curious thing.
4. The shady house was sunny with a child's laugh.
5. They passed through the intervening streets.
6. Every town-gate and village taxing-house had its band of
7. Mr. Lorry's countenance fell.
8. Repression is the only lasting philosophy.
9. The fingers of the knitting women were vicious.
10. Something especially reckless in his demeanour gave him a